If you suffer due to asbestos exposure and are considering taking legal action, you may wonder what the process would look like.
On this page, we will explore the framework of an asbestos lawsuit. For more information on your specific case, please contact Waddell Anderman today to speak with an experienced Baton Rouge asbestos lawsuit attorney. We handle asbestos claims in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, throughout Louisiana and nationwide.
The Framework of an Asbestos Lawsuit
Every case is different, but here is a general idea of what you can expect from the process of an asbestos lawsuit:
- Gathering information: From your very first consultation with us, we will begin gathering information about your case, including your medical condition, work history and other relevant factors.
- Filing the lawsuit: If we take your case, the first formal step we take is filing the complaint. This means we are letting the potentially liable parties know that we are filing a lawsuit against them. It also sets the legal process in motion.
- Discovery: Next, we will seek out all information that may be relevant to your case, a process known as discovery. This may include subpoenaing documents from your former employer or other parties. It may also involve talking to witnesses such as former coworkers or family members.
- Preparing for trial: We prepare every case as if it is going to trial. We will seek as early a court date as possible, because we know time is precious to our clients. In many cases, we are able to reach favorable out-of-court settlements before the cases go to trial. If trial is necessary, however, we are always prepared.
- Resolution: You choose whether to settle your case or go to trial. Visit our verdicts and settlements page to find out how we have helped clients in the past.
The process of filing an asbestos lawsuit may seem daunting, but we do everything we can to make it as stress free as possible for our clients. Our lawyers will handle all of the legal details and seek maximum compensation for the losses you have suffered.
Contact an Asbestos Litigation Lawyer
If you have questions about asbestos lawsuits, we are here to stand up for your rights. Contact us today to speak with a knowledgeable Baton Rouge, Monroe, Lake Charles or New Orleans asbestos lawsuit attorney. We offer free initial consultations, and we get paid on a contingent fee basis — you won’t owe us a thing unless we win results for you.